With intelligent video management, video analytics, access control, and innovative perimeter intrusion detection systems, Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven, integrated technologies. Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 40 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas as well as transportation.
About the Position
Under the supervision of the Inventory and Cable Facility Supervisor, the successful candidate may interface with Service, Production and Engineering in the day to day operation of cable manufacturing for Senstar’s perimeter intrusion detection systems (PIDS) product line .
- Assists in the manufacture and testing of cable in the cable facility
- Assists in the development/improvement of cable facility equipment and processes for all current and
- future product requirements
- Provides assistance to design and fabricate tooling to improve efficiency/safety of cable facility processes
- Performs regular maintenance on cable facility machinery, i.e. extruder/slitter
- Works as part of the team to meet monthly build targets
- Assist in the testing of all types of cable in the cable facility
- Provides input to test procedure creation and changes through the ECO process
- Collects cable test related data and records as required
- Provides regular feedback to their manager on assigned tasks
- Maintains an organized and safe work environment
- Assists when necessary and as time permits with other roles in Materials and Production.
- Ability to lift upwards of 60 lbs.
- Must be an effective communicator and collaborative
- Must be able to bend, twist, and reach for materials throughout the cable facility and warehouse.
- Be able to stand continuously through an 8 hour shift
Advantages (Nice to Have):
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Hands on experience in a cable manufacturing environment and general computer skills
Location & Duration:
- This is a full time permanent role based out of Senstar's office in Ottawa (Carp), ON, Canada.