Senstar Corporation has been safeguarding people, places and property with the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensors for over 35 years. Now combined with world-class video management systems and analytics (formerly Aimetis), Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven technologies that work together to reduce complexity, improve performance and unify support.
About the Position
Reporting to the Global Manager of Services and Support, the Technical Support Specialist is responsible for first and second line support of the Video Management Systems and Analytics suite of products. In addition to supporting a variety of simple and complex customer environments, this role may also require tasks such as setting up testing environments, attending customer sites for installation, and/or post-installation support.
- Create cases for technical support issues requested by phone, email, and web.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues for all Senstar VMS products.
- Thoroughly document all interactions using the Senstar case management system.
- Reproduce software defects and document them in detail.
- Report feature requests as given by customers.
- Manage customer relationships by providing timely, knowledgeable, and professional customer service.
- Regularly contribute technical content to the Senstar Knowledgebase.
- Provide assistance to internal groups with technical product questions.
- Keep current with new industry technologies and practices.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Solid software troubleshooting skills.
- High level of self-motivation and Initiative.
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to multitask and identify customer priorities.
- Strongly developed analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills.
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, 10, Server 2012, 2016).
- Microsoft Databases (SQL Server 2008, 2014, 2017).
- Strong understanding of Network Protocols, and Networking in general.
- Data Storage Technologies (NAS/SAN/DAS).
- College diploma in computer sciences or equivalent experience is required.
- Fluent in English.
- Computers and Software (5 years).
- Customer Support (3 years).
- Technical Support (1 to 2 years).
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Cisco Networking Certifications
- Network Storage Certifications
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Technical Writing
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V)
- Wireshark, or other network analysis tools
- Fluency in English, French, Spanish, or any other widely-spoken language is desirable.
Location & Duration
- This is a full time permanent role based out of Senstar's office in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada.