With intelligent video management, video analytics, access control, and innovative perimeter intrusion detection systems, Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven, integrated technologies. Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 35 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas as well as transportation.
About the Position
Senstar is looking for a Field Service Representative to assist customers, integrators, dealers, installers and sales staff to ensure the Senstar products purchased from Senstar are installed and commissioned as per Senstar specification to ensure best performance and to meet the security needs of the customers.
- provide in-field technical assistance throughout the various stages of product delivery, including pre-sales consultation, integrator and dealer/installer liaison, system installation and support, and on-site troubleshooting
- conduct product or systems site surveys and installations (indoors and outdoors), including site debugging or maintenance
- travel extensively both domestically and internationally
- solve difficult product problems to the most detailed level, using laboratory test instruments
- create project files, databases and backup
Product Information, Instruction & Documentation
- complete all required documentation surrounding customer site support, including trip reports, maintenance plans, as-built, update of internal customer databases and expense statements
- communicate with manufacturing and engineering groups regarding product debugging faults and deficiencies
- plan, prepare, organize and execute product training courses for customers, dealers and internal staff, including preparation of necessary written materials
- provide technical/sales support in diverse areas, demonstrating thorough knowledge of all corporate products
- action incoming calls, executing departmental procedures, quality assurance measures and other initiatives
- High level of self-motivation and Initiative.
- Passion for technology.
- Ability to multitask and identify customer priorities.
- Strongly developed analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills of hardware and software
- Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008/…, Server 2012, 7, 8, 10).
- Microsoft Databases (SQL Server 2005 / 2008 /2014).
- Strong understanding of Network Protocols, and Networking in general.
- Data Storage Technologies (NAS/SAN/DAS).
- Understanding of electronics, components and grounding.
- Completed post-secondary education in electrical technology, electrical engineering, computer science or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of the security industry, camera systems, security systems, access control, VMS, NVR, PIDS is an asset.
- Knowledge of serial data analyzers, cable fault locators and fibre optic power loss meters, fusion splicing.
- Knowledge of drawing creation software such as AutoCAD and Visio is an asset.
- Capability to work in a team environment, keeping people informed and up-to date on all relevant information.
- Demonstrated capability to solve problems by conducting research and analysis.
- Excellent communication and listening skills in English. Effectively exchange and present information with internal and external contacts.
- Travel to and from client companies will extend the working day. Client visits usually occur on a weekly basis, typically 60% travel is required.
- Willing to be on-call as required by the business.
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Cisco Networking Certifications (CCNA)
- Microsoft SysInternals
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Training Experience
- Virtualization (VMware, Microsoft HyperV)
- Wireshark, or other network analysis tools
- This is a full-time permanent role. The ideal candidate will be based in the US East Coast (NJ, NY PA, or other)