With intelligent video management, video analytics, access control, and innovative perimeter intrusion detection systems, Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven, integrated technologies. Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 35 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas, as well as transportation.
We have an immediate requirement for a Test Technologist who is a strong problem solver and team player to join our Manufacturing team.
- Understands the theory and function of all electronic components of the company’s products.
- Troubleshoots, tests, re-works and repairs a broad span of products of varying complexity.
- Documents and reports problems found.
- Generates and incorporates ECR’s/ECO’s
- Provides input to test procedures.
- Provides test and troubleshooting advice and expertise within the test area and to other departments as required.
- Provides regular feedback to their Manager on assigned tasks.
Qualifications & Experience
- Recognized Technologist’s diploma in electronics.
- Entry-level hands on experience in a test/troubleshooting environment down to the component level is a must; 2-4 years of experience is an asset.
- Logical and methodical troubleshooting, problem solving and analysis.
- Manufacturing, test, and engineering equipment familiarity including, but not limited to, oscilloscopes, multi-meters, network analyzers, function generators, and frequency counters.
- Strong computer skills including installing and troubleshooting software on Windows platforms, maintaining data bases, and preparing computer systems in a manufacturing environment. Must be able to adapt to changes in operating systems and adjusting work instructions as required.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be an effective communicator and a collaborative worker.
- Teamwork and team focus are a must.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Reliability security clearance.
Location & Duration
- This is a full-time permanent role based out of Senstar’s office in Ottawa, ON, Canada