Senstar’s products have been safeguarding people places and property for over 35 years. Key to our success is the ability to deliver security and risk management solutions backed by deep industry knowledge and world-class support. Senstar products can be found protecting assets in a wide range of markets such as critical infrastructure, corrections, military, manufacturing, oil and gas as well as transportation
About the Position
The Payroll and Accountant is responsible for payroll and benefits and a variety of accounting related tasks within our global organization. This position reports to the Controller.
- Responsible for full cycle payroll function for our Canadian and US offices, as well as coordinating with local payroll service providers for staff in global offices.
- Serve as the contact for employees’ payroll enquiries.
- Ensure compliance with all Canadian Federal and Provincial agencies; and US Federal and State government regulations pertaining to payroll.
- All payroll related journal entries and schedules to be performed by the Payroll Administrator. This includes but is not limited to payroll, 401k, benefits, vacation and payroll accrual, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Workers Comp, COBRA, etc.
- Ensure that payroll procedures are compliant with SOX and ISO documentation and assist with yearly review of SOX documents.
- Assist with improving of payroll related internal controls and procedures.
- Responsible for processing employee travel expenses and administration of SAP Concur.
- Administration of Replicon time tracking system.
- Assists Finance department during busy periods such as year-end, audits, budgets etc.
- Other duties as requested.
- Personable and out-going with a willingness to learn and take responsibility is a must.
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Business or other relevant program and/or experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Payroll Administration preferred. Experience in processing of CDN payroll required, and additional US payroll experience would be an asset.
- Payroll certification is considered an asset .
- Experience with account reconciliations and a knack for problem-solving.
- Experience with ADP WorkForce Now (CDN) and/or ADP Run (US) preferred.
- Experience with international payroll is considered an asset.
- Strong computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office products, especially MS Excel.
- Functional knowledge of SAP Concur is considered an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of payroll legislation, processes and procedures.
- Experience performing accounting functions within A/R, A/P, and/or G/L is an asset.
- Working knowledge of an ERP system is considered an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) in English are essential.
- Must maintain utmost level of confidentiality due to the sensitivity of the work in this department.
- Shows compatibility with Senstar values of Respect, Responsiveness, Integrity, Innovation and Collaboration.
- Must be able to qualify for and maintain Reliability clearance for this position.
Location & Duration
- This is a full time permanent role based out of Senstar’s office in Ottawa, ON, Canada.