Senstar Corporation has been safeguarding people, places and property with the world’s largest portfolio of perimeter intrusion detection sensors for over 35 years. Now combined with world-class video management systems and analytics (formerly Aimetis), Senstar offers a comprehensive suite of proven technologies that work together to reduce complexity, improve performance and unify support.
About the Position
As the world’s largest developer of outdoor perimeter intrusion detection sensors and a leading computer vision company, Senstar’s technical services is seeking a Training and Development Specialist expected to deliver accurate, high-quality training and training materials within a specified deadline and timeline and will work with web-based media platform(s).
The Training Development Specialist will utilize adult learning principles to develop all instructional materials. This position requires intermediate or advanced level proficiency in the use of standard desktop applications, including the ability to produce documents and presentations using MS Office applications and other training related applications to ensure that all materials are created professionally and consistently.
Designing and developing curriculum content, training materials, training modules, teaching aids, and assisting with all aspects of curriculum development to include, but not limited to: technical skills, technical assistance resources, grant/project specific requirements and policy implementation, new systems integration & development related to case management, performance management and other technology in program operations systems and maintenance. This position will develop curriculum that will be used by other training facilitators and/or instructors as well as by key stakeholders.
This position will require collaboration and coordination with Senstar’s customer personnel, development/product management, and stakeholder’s to illicit their expertise and input to ensure accuracy and standardization of all training materials and content.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assess business situations and develop goals and training strategies to improve business results and performance;
- Develops and designs various training programs; delivers training to customers using a variety of instructional techniques;
- Researches, creates, and customizes professional-quality training materials for classroom and online training;
- Develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training and regularly monitors and reports results to management, along with recommendations for improvement as appropriate;
- Develops content for eLearning and consults on compliance training to apply effective adult learning principles
- Identifies training, developmental, and support needs by conducting appropriate analyses;
- Reviews training materials from a variety of vendors and chooses appropriate materials;
- Evaluates and updates training materials and delivery to keep current with new techniques; develops and maintains contact with professional associations, colleges/universities, and other resource agencies in order to stay abreast of new training techniques and technologies;
- Prepares reports, memoranda, and other training-related correspondence;
- Performs administrative tasks such as maintaining training database, scheduling classes, setting up equipment, coordinating enrollment, etc.;
- Coordinates, promotes, expands, and evaluates the training delivery and effectiveness;
- Meets with managers, customer and other relevant parties to ascertain training needs;
- Performs other responsibilities and completes projects as assigned.
Requirements – The Qualified Candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in training and development, instructional design, or closely related field; master's degree and online teaching experience would be an asset; and
- Three to five years of curriculum design and instruction, adult training/teaching experience in a professional setting with demonstrated capacity to design training and performance improvement programs.
- Understands principles and methods for curriculum and training design and measurement of training objectives and the principles of adult learning;
- Current training trends and resources.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate the execution of training programs;
- Communicate information and ideas orally, in a variety of settings, so others will understand;
- Use online training techniques and create online training platforms;
- Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems;
- Train the Trainer program initiatives. Assisting and mentoring trainers in other regions around the globe;
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information;
- Work collaboratively in a team environment;
- Work accurately with close attention to detail;
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time when instructing classes;
- Work cooperatively with team members, key stakeholders, and others
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel to other countries to assist and deliver training as needed
Location & Duration
- This is a full time permanent role and can be based out of Senstar's office in either Waterloo, Ontario, Canada or Carp, Ontario, Canada.